If you’re a health-conscious individual with an active lifestyle or just someone who is on the go in the morning, smoothies are a great way to start your day. Where else but Oja Express can you try healthy smoothies from around the world? These healthy smoothies can serve as a meal supplement, or a weight loss-compliant breakfast alternative.
The best part of a healthy smoothie is that you can make them anywhere and anytime, thanks to carry-on blenders. In this article, you’ll get a rundown of 10 healthy smoothie recipes from different parts of the world that you can use to turn your favorite fruits and veggies into delicious goodness. Maybe you’ll even buy a flight ticket!
What Makes a Healthy Smoothie?
A healthy smoothie comprises a mix of fruits, vegetables, and spices. Healthy smoothies are the perfect breakfast alternative and have immense weight loss benefits. However, it’s not ideal to have smoothies for lunch, because your body needs some carbs to sustain it through its daily energy-sapping tasks.
Healthy smoothies are filling and keep you from running to the fridge for a quick snack—a plus for your weight loss journey. Daily healthy smoothies will increase your vitamin intake and aid your weight loss journey.
A healthy smoothie should contain fruits, vegetables, nuts, and spices but the secret? The secret to healthy smoothies is the natural ingredients. These ingredients keep you full the entire day, and smoothies high in protein and fiber like the creamy kale smoothie, are good for weight loss.
Playa Bowls vs. Healthy Smoothies
There’s a lot of debate about whether Playa bowls are healthier than smoothies. While there may be health benefits attached to playa bowls, you cannot be sure if it contains additives. On the other hand, if you are sure of the ingredients inside your smoothie, then you know that the sugar comes from natural sources. Hence, smoothies are healthier than playa bowls.
The best way to make your smoothie? Use blenders with high-powered blades for making healthy smoothies. Grinding fruits and vegetables requires adequate pressure, so your blender needs to have strong blades and a strong container. The best blenders for healthy smoothies made at home are cleaned regularly.
OjaExpress is your one-stop shop for fresh ethnic ingredients for making the best healthy smoothies. Now, let’s look at some quick-fix smoothie recipes:
Creamy Banana Ginger Smoothie
A smooth blend of soft bananas and fresh ginger is perfect for a quick energizing breakfast. This combination is a potent immune booster. Ginger is popular not just for its flavor, but also for its anti-inflammatory qualities. The Indians and Chinese have used this spice to treat different illnesses for thousands of years. Bananas, on the other hand, are very filling, gut-friendly fibers that give you the energy to get through the day. Yogurt is the final piece of the puzzle, forming a creamy base that brings all these elements together.
- Milk (unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, Peak milk, or any other milk option)
- Fresh Ginger root
- Measure your ingredients to determine the right quantity of healthy smoothie you want to make
- Peel and grate your ginger root
- Chop your fresh bananas into smaller pieces for easier blending
- Pour all your ingredients into the blender. Remember to add the wet ingredients first to make the blending easier.
- Blend at high speed until the mixture forms a smooth texture
- If the mix is too thick, add a little water or milk and blend again until smooth
- Serve in a smoothie glass and enjoy
Sweet Kale Smoothie
Even if you don’t think you’re a green smoothie person, you will find this creamy kale smoothie recipe hard to resist. Kale is a staple in farming communities in Kenya, Tanzania, Germany, and Scotland. Starting your morning with a smooth glass of this deliciousness will make you feel invincible for the rest of the day, and the best part is that it tastes nothing like kale.
- Kale (a good source of vitamin C, calcium, & iron)
- Pineapple (to tame the taste of the kale; also rich in vitamin C and other minerals)
- Banana (high in fiber, low in calories, aids weight loss)
- Honey (for sweetness, and to aid digestion)
- Peanut butter
- Detach the fresh kale leaves from the stems. You don’t have to add the stem into the kale smoothie because they are tough and fibrous even for high-powered blenders.
- You may choose to chop the leaves slightly to make them easier to blend. Some people steam their kale to make them tender for blending, but for this recipe, we will keep everything fresh and raw!
- Pour the kale into the blender and blend.
- After you’ve gotten an almost-smooth consistency, add the other ingredients and continue to blend until the mixture is smooth.
Green and Blue Banana Smoothie
Although China is known for its green tea culture, it is a staple ingredient in some of the best healthy smoothies made at home. The Green tea, blueberry fruit, and banana mix may come off as a weird combo, but trust us, it tastes better than it sounds.
- Pour hot water into a cup with your green tea bag and leave for four minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and set it aside to cool.
- Add honey to the tea and stir till it dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your blender and blend until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and enjoy.
Sweet Green and Ginger Smoothie
This healthy beverage is made from a blend of pineapple, orange, fresh ginger, and a load of spinach. Ditch your morning coffee for this healthy fruit smoothie. It will truly get your soul up in the morning.
- Squeeze the orange juice out and pour it into a high-speed blender.
- Put the other ingredients and blend for a minute or until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy
Haitian Smoothie Bowl
Are you looking for a different way to get those fruits and berries in your system? Instead of a smoothie drink for breakfast, try a smoothie bowl. Give yourself a treat with this quick-fix healthy bowl of mango/ and almond goodness.
- Frozen Haitian Mango (Haiti is known for its healthy, juicy, sweet mango with natural sugars)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Raw almonds
- Ice cubes
- Almond butter
- Frozen Plain Yogurt
- Blend your Haitian mango, yogurt, banana, almond milk, and almond seeds in a blender until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with almonds, honey, and ice cubes.
Island Dream Smoothie
This fruit smoothie tastes nothing short of a vacation to the Caribbean’s! It is so delicious and nutritious that we can’t make this list of healthy smoothies without adding it.
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Healthy Honey Smoothie
So how about trying a fruit smoothie that will be great on your complexion? Try this option from our selection of healthy smoothies. Enriched with apricots which are high in protein, and carrots that infuse more vitamins into your body, this fruit smoothie is the natural skincare routine your body needs.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
Almond Rich Smoothie
Milk is a rich source of protein and is a common staple in Indian homes. Let’s not forget honey is famous for its antioxidant properties. Now, imagine what a combination of both ingredients makes—a delicious and healthy smoothie you just made at home!
- Throw these ingredients into your blender
- Blend until smooth
Tropical Passion Smoothie
If you’re looking for healthy smoothies to aid your weight loss journey, or to replace your morning breakfast, then you should check out this pineapple passion smoothie. This healthy fruit smoothie will satisfy your sugar cravings and break down your body’s protein to reduce bloating.
- Passion fruit
- Frozen pineapples
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Chop your pineapple and banana and place them into the blender.
- Cut up your passionfruit and scoop the contents into the blender.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk.
- Blend until smooth and pour into a glass.
Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
What makes this one of our favorite healthy smoothies is that it is rich in proteins. When you don’t have time to fix a leisurely breakfast, grab this easy fruit smoothie recipe, and enjoy the added benefits of oatmeal that will aid your weight loss journey.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth
- Serve cold
Butter and Banana Smoothie
Almond butter contains some healthy fats your body needs, while coconut rejuvenates you after an intense workout. Now, mix all these with banana chunks and Greek yogurt for its high protein content. This combination gives you one of the best healthy smoothies from around the world.
- Coconut water
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Almond butter
- Whey protein powder
- Frozen banana
- Hemp seeds
- Add these ingredients into your blender
- Process until smooth
The only drawback you may experience when it comes to making healthy smoothies, is getting these ingredients. The good thing, however, is that we have the solution you need. Oja Express is a one-stop shop for grocery delivery in Chicago. Check out our shop now to get everything you need to make your healthy smoothies and healthy recipes.