Before you cook Yam Porridge
Peel and cut the yam tuber into medium sizes. Wash the yam cubes and place in a sizeable pot.
Wash and cut the onions into tiny pieces. Grind or blend the chilli pepper. Set these aside. If using dry fish, soak and pick the bones.
- Pour enough water to cover the yam cubes and start cooking at medium to high heat. If you are using dry fish, add it now.
- When the yams have got a good boil, add the onions, ground crayfish, pepper, stock cubes, palm oil and the smoked fish.
- Cover the pot and continue cooking till the yam is done.
- Add salt to taste and stir very well. Cook at high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the green vegetable, stir and leave to stand for about 5 minutes then serve.