1. Heat the Iberia Vegetable Oil over low heat in a small skillet, then cook the scallions and Iberia Chopped Garlic until tender.
2. Place the remaining ingredients (except the oil and mojo Vinaigrette) in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 250° F and bring the mixture to room temperature.
4. Over medium-high heat in a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 3 inches of oil to 350° F.
5. Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls into the hot Iberia Vegetable Oil and fry the fritters until gold brown. Do not fry too many fritters at once, or the oil temperature will fall and they will be soggy rather than crisp.
6. Place the fritters on a paper-towel-lined platter in the oven until all have been cooked and serve hot with the garlic dip.
• You can add minced fresh parsley, coriander, or ham to the basic recipe, and further spice it up with Mojo Vinaigrette (garlic dip, the recipe follows).
• If you use fresh yuca, peel and cut it into chunks, place it in a medium size saucepan, cover with salted water, and boil over medium-high heat until tender but not mushy, about 30 minutes. Drain the yuca and remove the stringy center portion. If you use frozen yuca, cook it whole according to package directions, then cut it into chunks and remove the stringy core.
- 1 LB yuca, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons Iberia 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 2 cloves Iberia Chopped Garlic
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup cup Iberia Ham chopped
- Iberia Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Mojo Vinaigrette
Source: Iberia Food